Welcome to Hope Noted
A movement dedicated to one mission: finding hope for ourselves and passing it on to those around us.
What does that mission mean exactly?
We realize there are times in life so emotionally distressing that hope seems like a lie. We are blinded by grief, and the exhaustion overwhelms us. But the thing about hope is: just because you can’t feel it, doesn’t mean it no longer exists. Hope exists eternally outside of us; it is a powerful force that passes from person to person.
“Find hope, pass it on” means we are willing to step into the darkness of others, hold space for their grief, and open the curtains. You pass on your hope to them. A simple, “I know there’s nothing I can do to fix this, but I’m here for you“ is so much more powerful than we realize. We need each other. None of us were meant to face painful events all alone.
Together through platforms like social media, our online Community Journal and our Hope Noted Events, we are finding ways to share our stories and pass hope on to one another.
Last year our HN community gathered for three events: the Hope Forward 5k, the Wellness Workshop, and a Gingerbread House Party. Together we raised close to three thousand dollars for Mental Health America Lancaster County!
How Can You Get Involved?
We aren’t a perfect community, but we are real, and we hope you will join us! We invite you to get involved with this movement as we grow and change:
- We are hosting special events throughout the year to give us a chance to connect with one another and better our emotional health. Check out our Events page to make sure you don’t miss out!
- Your story of hope is important to us, and we want to give you a platform to share your voice or creative art with others. Submit a form for the chance to be featured on the Community Journal.
- Find us on Instagram and Facebook and join the conversation by sharing your own posts that will spread hope to those around you. Don’t forget to tag us! #hopenoted #findhopepassiton
- The Hope Noted Gift Shop will be opening someday soon! There we will host handmade gifts that are specifically designed to encourage one another when we are facing difficult times. We call them “Gifts of Hope” as each purchase helps individuals gain access to the resources they need through select mental health nonprofits. Hope Noted is currently supporting our friends at Mental Health America.
- Awareness: choosing to be aware of the emotional pain in our lives and in the lives of those we love is our priority. We strive to have open eyes, ears, and hearts to the needs of our mental health community and respond appropriately.
- Validation: when we ourselves or someone we care about are emotionally sensitive people, validation is key to effective living. We value being present with our own emotions and those of our loved ones. We put our judgments and opinions aside for the purpose of true understanding and genuine support.
- Connection: we believe that no one was meant to walk their path toward healthy living alone. We created Hope Noted with the intention to unite people with mental illnesses as well as their family and friends with others facing similar struggles. We desire to be an honest and authentic group of people who reach out to offer hope and encouragement to one another.